Thursday, June 4, 2015

Babylips Lip Glosses- review and swatches

Featuring Babylips Lip Glosses from my IG @adrienneroyale 



I have been asked a lot of questions since I posted my picture of the new Maybelline Babylips lip glosses on my Instagram.  So, I thought I'd go ahead and do a quick mini review for you! Can you believe that Babylips now have Babylips lip gloss?!  I was so excited when I heard the news and how they were supposed to be launched in June and I was able to find mine last weekend at two of my local Walmarts for just fewer than four dollars each!  I picked up five out of the six shades; I passed on the red shade.   I'm already a huge fan of Babylips and I have a pretty large collection of them, so I had high hopes for the lip gloss!
Babylips Lip Glosses from my IG @adrienneroyale 


All of the glosses come in super cute packaging that will definitely catch your eye. When I tried them on the first thing that I noticed was how delicious they smell!  They smell just like fruit loops! They have a slight taste but it is fruity and not chemically. The glosses are not sticky at all and feel moisturizing on your lips. Each different shade has a slight tint a color to it. Babylips lip glosses are nice to wear either alone or overtop the lipstick to give a nice glossy effect to your look.

The colors I picked are-

Colors from left to right- Coral Craze, Just a Glimmer, Life's a Peach, Tickled Pink and Taupe with Me


Coral Craze- this is a very sheer and see -through, it almost looks like a clear gloss with a hint of coral/orange color.

Just a Glimmer- this is a clear lip gloss with hints of pink sparkle.

Life's a Peach- this one would have to be my favorite!  It comes off as a pink-peach color.

Tickled Pink- this one has my favorite packaging! I love the pink and teal, (they were my wedding colors) this gloss is a beautiful baby pink

Taupe with Me- this gloss is a very sheer nude color

Unedited swatches- Colors are from bottom to top- Coral Craze, Just a Glimmer, Life's a Peach, Tickled Pink and Taupe with Me


I really enjoy these Babylips lip gloss, in comparison to the original Babylips lip balm's I think that they're both in two completely different worlds.  With the original Babylips lip balm it is something I like to pop on while I'm doing my make up or before I go to bed. They are very moisturizing, long wearing, and they always leave my lips feeling great. With the Babylips lip glosses I feel like I could wear them all day either alone or over a lipstick. The lip glosses are more of what I would wear out on a day to day basis. While the lip balms are something I just wear at home. Both make your lips feel super smooth!

Like, with any other gloss they aren’t super long wearing and you do have to reapply it several times a day. The applicator sponge helps give you full coverage on your lips. The Babylips lip glosses are nice to give you just a nice hint of color but don’t expect them to be like a NYX butter lip gloss or a liquid lipstick. I think these are more like the lip balms and are just to give you a nice hint of color. These glosses are great for all ages, my daughter loves them and you don’t have to worry about it being too much color. The packaging is fun and they are small enough to throw in your pocket. If you’re looking for more of a color payoff defiantly go with Life’s a Peach, that one seems to have the most pigmentation.

Babylips Lip Gloss sponge applicator 

Overall with the Babylips lip glosses I am impressed and they are exactly what I thought they would be like. The price is just right and they give you enough product in each tube that I feel they will last a good amount of time.  The only color I am not impressed with is the Coral Craze it, is so sheer and really gives you no color once on your lips.  If you’re looking for a nice gloss that will leave your lips feeling moisturized and soft then you will want to at least pick up one of these beauties! These would be great with summer just around the corner, you could throw them into your beach bag; you’ll be able to moisturize your lips while having a pretty glossy look!

Have you been able to spot the new Maybelline Babylips lip glosses yet? Are you excited to try them?  What are your thoughts on these new and fun lip products?


XOXO

Adrienne Royale 

6 comments:

  1. We haven't got these down under yet! Maybelline always release pretty awesome stuff. Thanks for the review and I'll be now anticipating the release here LOL DF xoxo

    www.doaner-fide.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok I just order all 12 shades! lo cant wait

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good post....thanks for sharing.Do you need cash loan against credit card?.Kindly see my blog


    Lipgloss

    ReplyDelete
  4. my wife love this lip balm, when she used it her lips has a little color on it a little bit pink, last a long time, she still have this until now since i purchased this.. she loves it... http://deadseaproductstore.com/

    ReplyDelete