Monday, November 16, 2015

Copen26- Natural and organic bath and body products-Review



I have really never used any handmade bath and body products, so when the owner from Copen26 Mary, reached out to me to try some of their line I was really interested and intrigued! Their entire line is all about being chemical and paraben free. With this line it puts no toxins into your body and everything is completely natural and made with organic ingredients. These products do not include any type of dyes or fragrances! What really makes me drawn to this company is how every single product is handmade and packaged by them! You don’t find that often!

I was sent their bath salts, body polish, bar soap, toner, and lip balms. All of the packaging is white with black writing with light blue accents. The bottles are see through so you are able to see the contents inside each package. It is very crisp and clean looking. On each product it lists the ingredients and the directions on how to use them. Now let’s get into the fun part! My thoughts-



Relaxing Lavender Bath Salt –

Let’s start off with my absolute favorite product first, the Lavender bath salts! These smell amazing! To think no fragrances are added amazes me! It is all just pure fresh goodness and fills up the room with a beautiful lavender aroma! I am a busy mommy of two and really can’t tell you the last time I took a bath but Mary told me I could even use it to soak my feet in! That is exactly what I did last night, I pulled out my foot massage, filled it up with some warm water and added in a scoop full of the bath salts and just let me feet soak. The claim on these bath salts is that they “help to draw out impurities from your skin from every day free radicals in the air”. I am not sure if it really drew out impurities but it did leave my feet so smooth and soft feeling! My children even enjoyed using these bath salts. This retail for $12.50 for 8oz.




Orange Lavender Body Polish-

I really enjoy a good exfoliator since I self-tan and I like a clean canvas before I apply my next application so exfoliators are something I always grab. Plus it just really helps to make your skin feel softer and appear smoother. This Orange Lavender Body Polish smells so yummy; you can smell both the orange and lavender in it. A wonderful, fresh, strong scent! Everything from Copen26 reminds me of the way products from Aveda smell. I used this in my shower and it is a great exfoliator I can feel it working right away. It left my skin feeling fresh and so soft! It is a thinner, finer exfoliator, with no big chunks. This is not harsh and did not hurt my skin.  On the bottle it says it can make a slippery surface, so I just made sure after my shower I wiped down my tub with a towel. You can pick this up for $18.00 for 4oz.





Orange Lavender Bar Soap-

I do not ever use bar soap. I wash my body and hands with liquid soap so using this was kind of fun and different! Once again, I love the scent!  This soap has great foam action and really made me feel like I was left super clean. It did not leave my skin dry feeling like I have experienced with other bar soaps. My husband who uses bar soap daily seems to like it!  The bar of soap has ridges on it and also has an earthy side to it is how I would explain it. It is like chunks of natural earthy goodness. I am impressed with this bar soap and now have it sitting on my sink! This is only $5.00!




Natural Tea-Tree Toner

This is the only product I didn’t enjoy for myself. I used the toner now twice so I can make an honest review of it. First, I did not like the smell of this at all. It smells musky to me but I can’t pinpoint it. It kind of reminds me of water I smelled once when I went camping. When I put it on my face the first time I did not shake it, nowhere in the directions did it state it had to be but after talking to my friend Brenda she told me it was supposed to be shaken. I applied it to my face like I normally would with a toner and right away my face started to itch, tingle, and turned really red in my t-zone and all over my cheeks. This product is alcohol free so it did alarm me. I jumped right in the shower! I let water run all over my face. Even after a couple hours after my shower, my face was still pink in certain areas. I used it again but lightly and only in one area of my cheek and the same thing happened.  I must have had an allergic reaction to this, and my skin has been very sensitive lately as well. I have even had to return makeup because my skin has had reactions to it.

I would not say this product is bad; I just personally cannot use it. Every product works differently on each person. I had my daughter and husband try this and they both liked it. The smell did not bother my husband and neither of them had any type of reaction! So, it is not the product, it is just my skin.

I read this off their website at www.copen26.com and find this interesting so I had to share “Our Toner is great for clearing up acne, but it also has many other uses including cleaning minor cuts, soothing bug bites, and healing bruises! Just soak a cotton ball and place on these areas to soothe and treat the natural way” I will be trying this if my kiddos get any boo-boos or bug bites! This retails for $14.00 for 6oz.




Citrus Lip Balm-

Lastly I was able to try the Citrus Lip Balm and it smells just like orange juice! It is a great moisturizing lip balm; it’s the same size and works the same as a chapstick tube. The lip balm is all organic. It contains beeswax and just leaves your lips feeling so smooth. When I am wearing it I just keep wanting to smell my lips. This is $4.50 a tube


Overall, I have enjoyed trying out all of the products from Copen26. I can tell everything is made of high quality ingredients and I like how everything is natural. It makes you feel good about using it. I would recommend trying some products out to try for yourself!  Go check them out on Instagram @copen26 or their website is www.copen26.com

Have you ever tried out all natural hand made products like these? What has your experience been? What would you want to try from this line?  Let me know some of your thoughts!

XOXO

Adrienne Royale 

No comments:

Post a Comment