Friday, January 22, 2016

New PUR Hydra Fluid Water Serum Foundation- Review and swatch

Makeup of the day using my new foundation from my instagram @adrienneroyale

It is undeniable that I am a foundation junkie! Out of all of my makeup I go through, my eyebrow pencils and foundation are used the most! I love a good foundation that gives you that perfect base and makes you look flawless! When I received the entire line of the BRAND NEW Pur Hydra Fluid Water Serum Foundation I could barely contain myself opening the box!
Told you I was a foundation junkie!!


There are 5 colors in the line; they are Light, Medium, Tan, Dark, and Deep. Right now I am extremely pale since it is winter but happy I will have the darker shades for summer, and to mix to make my perfect shade. The name says it all with this foundation, it’s extremely hydrating! As it should be, it is made with water from the Swiss Alps.  Some key ingredients are- encapsulated water complex, Ceretin Complex, and vitamin E.
Swatches- Light, Medium, Tan, Dark, Deep 


I have been using this foundation for about a week and I am amazed by the Hydra Fluid Water Serum Foundation! It has been leaving my skin feeling so hydrated, healthy, and luminous! I do not like looking greasy and I was nervous when I first felt the texture of this because of how it felt “watery”



I thought it was going to be very thin and extremely light coverage. I was pleasantly surprised by how well it blends into my skin while covering all of my imperfections! I was not expecting it to cover so well! I would say this is medium coverage and buildable. What I enjoy about it is how it doesn’t feel like you are wearing anything! I felt like I had no makeup on but with silky smooth, dewy pretty skin!


For application I read- “Apply 2 to 3 drops of foundation to the face with the Liquid Chisel Brush. Buff into skin in a circular motion. Layer for additional coverage.”  I do not own the Liquid Chisel Brush so I just applied it like my regular foundation; I put a few drops on each side of my face, chin, and forehead and used my stippling brush, and lightly went over it with my beauty blender to blend it all out. I have tried this foundation with one and two layers. For an everyday look I would recommend one layer.  I personally like a fuller coverage look, so two layers is perfect for me!


The foundation does not crease, but it does get a little oily on my T Zone, if you have been reading my blogs you know this is an issue with my skin all the time! Setting powder helps with this and makes the foundation last even longer!  I did not experience any type of patches or separating throughout the day. I usually go for a matte foundation and this is not matte at all, you can achieve a more matte look with powder. The formula is thin and a little goes a long way! Believe me when I say this, just a few drops of this and your face will be completely covered. The applicator is nice and disperses out just the right amount of product. A huge benefit of this foundation is that it helps smooth, firm, and lift your skins appearance and provides antioxidant benefits!


This has been perfect for my dry winter skin by giving me the extra needed hydration.  I can see this also working nicely in the summer since it is so lightweight and you won’t feel like you are sweating it all off.  


I would recommend this foundation to anyone, I think it would suit all skin types and if you can’t find an exact match, you can always try mixing a couple together. Although it seems to just melt into your skin and match myself perfectly. When I swatched it I thought the color might be too dark for me, but it worked out perfectly!


This is out on PUR website at-


It will be available at Kohl’s and Ulta on February 7. 2016 and will retail for $39 dollars. Thank you PUR for allowing me to review the New PUR Hydra Fluid Water Serum Foundation!


Who plans on trying this out? What is your favorite foundation?

XOXO

Adrienne Royale 

No comments:

Post a Comment