Monday, January 25, 2016

Skin Care for Dry Winter Skin- Guerlain- Secret De Purete Cleansing Foaming Cream and Abeille Royale Preparing Toner

Guerlain Skin Care products from my Instagram @adrienneroyale 

 I’ve never suffered from dry skin ever in my life! Actually, I am fortunate and haven’t had any skin issues besides an occasional pimple here and there. Since moving to the freezing Mid-West I have noticed in the winter my skin becomes dry. This last year I have developed a weird sensitivity, out of nowhere when using new products, my face will become extremely itchy and red. This happened with a new contour palette, several face washes, another toner, and even a concealer that I have used just in the last 6 months! I’m not sure if this is what it’s like getting older but I’ve found myself nervous at times to use new products on my face. I have been on the hunt to find a great cleanser and toner to help beat this dry winter skin and think I have found my gems! That is what I want to share with you today!


If you don’t know yet, I have just become a Brand Ambassador for fragrancenet.com and this means I get to try new products and let you, my beauties, know what I really think about them! Plus share AMZAZING savings! As always in all of my reviews, I will be completely honest! I am not getting paid to write any of these reviews and want you to know if the product is truly good or not. Even before becoming a Brand Ambassador, I loved fragrancenet.com because of how many products they have and how great the prices are! I filled out a short questioner about my beauty preferences and Cynira from fragrancenet picked out a couple skin care products she thought I would enjoy! Boy was she right! It must be because we are both Virgos, so she just gets me! The two products I have been using nonstop for my face routine are Guerlain Secret De Purete Cleansing Foaming Cream and Guerlain Abeille Royale Preparing Toner. Let’s hear my thoughts!




nd toner to help beat this dry winter skin and think I have found my gem! That is what I want to share with you today!
 Guerlain Secret De Purete Cleansing Foaming Cream ( Smoothes & Illuminates )


I have been using this twice daily, for over a week. After each use I like this product more and more. I want to start off by saying that when I wash my face with this I have already removed all of my eye makeup with my Clinique eye makeup remover. I do however have all of my face makeup still left on my skin.


The foaming cream comes in a luxurious white bottle with gold accents. I really like how easy the packaging is to use, you just press the pump and out comes the foam. Once the foam comes out it has quite a strong scent. I find the scent refreshing and pretty, so it doesn’t bother me, but if you are someone who doesn’t love a perfume smell to your facial wash this might be a bit “heavy” for you.

The texture of the foam is very soft and quickly turns into a rich, creamy foam lather. You can mix it with water or put it on your face dry, either way works.  I find one pump is enough for my face and I add in another pump for my neck area. The foam cream immediately washed away all of my old face make up and dirt and it rinses off so easily! When I have a lot of makeup on, I will put the foam on my face dry. This way feels like it is working harder and really getting rid of any dirt and old makeup on my face. In the mornings, I use this in the shower when my face is wet and works just as good. This is just more of your personal preference.




After using Guerlain Secret De Purete Cleansing Foaming Cream, my skin feels so smooth and clean! It does not dry out my skin and that was my main goal. My face has felt so hydrated and luminous. I do not have any dry patches on my skin at all! The foam is gentle on my skin, light weight, and not harsh at all. It literally feels like a cream with foaming bubbles.



I have the 150ml-5oz the price of right now is $47.99 but is on sale with a coupon for only $35.99! This is a great value! With only needing one to two pumps each time you wash your face, this will last quite a while. The link for this is-



Guerlain Abeille Royale Preparing Toner


Ohh mii goodness! Let’s stop for a minute!! Abeille ROYALE Preparing Toner!! Do you see my middle name?! Ok, so I instantly fell in love with this and felt it was made for me because, well hello, it has my name on it! I barley ever see anything with my name on it! Although, I did just have a “Royale” sandwich which I totally hated! So I guess just because it has my name in it doesn’t mean I will end up loving it….but with this toner I totally do love it!

Since I can remember starting my face wash routine when I was in middle school, my mom always bought me toner. I used it but never really understood why I had to use it. Did you know toner's function is to complete the cleansing of your skin?! It helps remove any leftover dust, pollution, or yucky impurities that can still be on your skin after washing with a face wash.

With that being said, it is important to use a toner. I have used the same old Clean and Clear toner for YEARS and I like it. There is nothing wrong with it, it’s a great price, and makes my skin feel fresh. I can pick it up anywhere and it’s a no brainer. Now after using this though, I am really questioning myself on what other toners have I missed out on! Whoa Guerlain Abeille Royale Preparing Toner is just in a whole other ball park!



The bottle is exactly the same as the foaming Cream and also has the same type of pump to disperse the product. What I really fancy about this toner is how it is nothing like your typical clear watery looking toner. It feels a bit thicker and creamy and it also has a slight white tint to it. Again, this toner does have a perfume scent to it but it is very faint and quickly disappears.




It is said this toner doesn’t just help complete cleansing your skin but it also helps with firming your skin and wrinkle correction as well. I apply this after every face wash and only need a full squirt for my entire face and neck area. When I first used this toner, I used a cotton ball to apply it but the product got soaked up to quickly so I tried a cotton pad. I didn’t really like it and felt like I wasn’t getting the full effect I should be. Since it is thicker and creamer then the toner I was recently using I wanted to actually feel that creaminess on my skin. The next time I used the toner and every time after I just squirt the product from the pump on my clean hands and rub it all over my face and neck. I let it absorb into my skin.  This happens quickly and it leaves no filmy residue at all.

My skin feels so hydrated right away! Not 5 minutes, 2 minutes, or even 22 seconds later! RIGHT away! This is what shocks me! My skin looks so fresh, feels soft, and extremely clean! I haven’t noticed any difference in my wrinkles but it has only been a little over a week.

Before I would just use my toner because that is what I was taught to do, with Guerlain Abeille Royale Preparing Toner I can actually feel a difference in my skin and how rejuvenated it is!  I totally recommend that you make this toner an essential part of your daily face routine, the benefits can be felt and seen instantly!

I have this in the 150ml/5oz size and it is $54.99 but once again fragrancenet.com has made it even cheaper with coupon for only $41.24! The link for this is-


I have not experienced any type of redness or drying since using these products on my semi sensitive skin. I don’t think either product would fight against acne. If that is what you’re looking for this would not be for you.

My skin feels so much more hydrated since adding this to my routine! These two products have really helped with my winter dry skin and I am so happy I came across them!


What do you use to help your skin during different seasons? What is your all-time favorite skin care product?


XOXO


Adrienne 

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic post Adrienne. I need some more Guerlain products in my life.

    ReplyDelete