Thursday, March 12, 2015

Mac Bao Bao Wan- Lavender Jade







Guess what arrived in the mail yesterday?! None other than Lavender Jade from the Mac Bao Bao Wan Collection! In my last post about this collection, I mentioned how I ordered the Lavender Jade and my order was cancelled, well Nordstrom was amazing and shipped out my lipstick and got it delivered in a day! Talk about being impressed!
Lavender Jade and Romatic Breakdown from the Mac Bao Bao Wan Collection


When my order first got cancelled, I tried to not let it get me down and I thought I wouldn't wear the color very often. After seeing hundreds of pictures of this now famous-hard-to-get lipstick all over my social media, I wanted it even more and was starting to get sad my order was cancelled. So, when my order finally went through my excitement was threw the roof! I was so nervous the entire time from getting the shipped email until the lipstick was at my door. I thought that they made a mistake sending it to me and either there would be no lipstick in the box or the wrong color. I waited all day yesterday for the mailman and late in the afternoon my amazing husband comes home with a bag full of makeup goodies that he just picked up at the store for me! While going through my bag full of new goodies and looking at all of  the new nail polishes and lip-glosses he just bought me, I then came to the very end of the bag and he snuck in my Lavender Jade! What a sneaky guy! I was so excited I literally screamed and opened it right up and gave him a huge hug!


This lipstick is like no other color that I own, I own several different purples but this is so unique. It is a purple but with pink undertones and in a matte formula. This lipstick retails for $17.50, but I have seen it for $40-$80 off places like Amazon and Ebay. I can imagine the price will keep rising.  I paired this lipstick with a pinkish-purple lip liner from Essence in the color Mauve and put a Nyx Butter Lipgloss in Merenque over it.   It made my lips the most beautiful baby pinky purple shade! I am sure mixing a few other lippies with this Lavender Jade, you can come up with a ton of looks. This lipstick alone is gorgeous.  Below you will find my swatch, this is unedited  and in natural sunlight. Lavender Jade is very wearable and I feel suitable for all skin tones. I also added Romantic Breakdown from my previous purchase, so you could see the two swatches side by side.
Lavender Jade

Romantic Breakdown and Lavender Jade




This lipstick, like most Mac lipsticks for me, is long wearing and feels good on my lips. It is not chalky and the smell is amazing! I am really happy with both of my purchases from the Mac Bao Bao Wan Collection and now my Romantic Breakdown is complete with Lavender Jade! Did any of you get anything from this collection? I would love for you to share with me what your thoughts are and what you got! I am excited for Mac Is Beauty set to release March 26th online. Is anyone planning on picking up anything from that collection? Don't forget to follow me on IG @adrienneroyale!
Makeup mess featuring Lavender Jade!

XOXO

Adrienne Royale








1 comment: