Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Maybelline’s The Blushed Nudes? Is it a dupe for Urban Decays Naked 3?





Ever since I saw Maybelline’s The Blushed Nudes eyeshadow palette a few weeks while scrolling through my news feed,   I knew it was something I had to have and thought it was absolutely stunning! You’ll quickly learn that, anything with a pink in it is something I have to have!  

As soon as I saw this new palette I searched online and found it on Walmart.com but it was sold out. I did some research on the eyeshadow palette and I am pretty sure that it is an exclusive Walmart item, so I basically started to stalk my local Walmart’s for these Maybelline eye shadows. I wasn't having any luck trying to find it and once this happens I get into the mode of” I really have to have this product!”  and won’t stop the search until I find it, and have it my hands! I even get my husband into it and have him stopping at random Walmart’s!

 I kept checking online and in store and here is a quick tip-now online at Walmart.com it will tell you that the palette is sold out, but it will let you do a search of your local locations where you will be able to see where the palette is in stock. One night around 10pm I was so happy to find out that 5 different locations had it in stock! I went to one and nothing, so I decided to call and the product was not in their system! I was so upset, why would they state it’s online but not actually in the store?! On Saturday I went to Walmart and asked to speak with a manger and he was able to look the palette up by the UPC code (here is the UPC code 0 004155 443486).  After looking up the UPC code, while it was not at their location, he was able to tell me another Walmart location that had them in stock. I was able to finally go get it! This may be helpful to one of you who just can’t wait to get your hands on this beautiful Blushed Nudes Palette! You can either call or go into your local Walmart and have them look the item up by the UPC code and they can tell you if they have it in stock and also how many that they have on hand in the store! Now, on to my actual review!

When I finally got this beauty in my hands I was so excited, it truly is beautiful with the rose gold shades! It reminds me of one of my favorite pallets by Urban Decay, the Naked 3 palette. I don’t often buy Maybelline shadows so was not sure of the how the quality would be, but I am very impressed!  I have now worn these shadows for the last several days since I got it and have been able to make so many different looks. I think it is a good drugstore dupe for the Naked 3.



What I love about this palette is that there is a ton of color payoff and it is super buildable, the shadows are very pigmented and little fall out. I always use a primer with any eye shadows and these are long wearing. They lasted all day (about 8 hours until I washed my eye makeup off) and there was so no creasing and little fading and I did not have to touch my eyes up once! The only thing I am not impressed with is the little eye shadow brushes they give with the palette. They aren’t anything special, but for a palette that is only $9.98 I cannot complain! I wish that the actual shadows had individual names, but again nothing to really complain about. None of these shadows were gritty which, is something I find with a couple of my Naked 3 shadows. Again, I am so impressed with Maybelline! I love the packaging to, it’s adorable and compact and I really enjoy how they have a little open window so you can see into the shadows.





Now, is this Maybelline The Blushed Nudes Palette an actual dupe for Naked 3? It’s not an exact dupe but it is pretty close with several of the shades! For a $44 dollar price different, it's totally impressive. Naked 3 is $54 and Maybelline The Blushed Nudes is only $9.98! If you are a beauty on a budget or just love collecting makeup, I think this is something you should pick up! 



Down below are swatches in sunlight with no flash.  The top row is Maybelline and the bottom row is Urban Decay. This is with no eye shadow primer and you can see how vivid and pigmented these colors are! Now, I will say on several of the darker shades Urban Decay does have a bit more pigmentation, but with the Blushed Nudes you can build the color so it isn’t something I am upset about. What blows me away with the Blushed Nudes Palette is all of the pink shades. I feel they pop and I actually like their pink shades more than Urban Decay! Here comes where I wish they had individual names, the light pink shade in the Blushed Nudes has so much color payoff and is so gorgeous!  I can see this being my go to color! If you were to compare it to a shade in Naked 3, it would be the shade Dust, and while I love Dust, it is so, well “dusty” literally! It has so much fall out and not much color payoff and just a total miss. Something that always upset me because the color looks so beautiful in the pan.  Not all of the colors are dupes and I don’t think that is what Maybelline was going for, but there are many colors that are so similar and like I said for the price difference you cannot go wrong!  The shadows are so velvety smooth and blend so well, you can go from day to night with this palette.


Top row Maybelline Blushed Nudes Bottom row Urban Decay Naked 3



Overall, I love this palette and can see it getting so much use in the future. It won’t replace my naked 3 but that one pink shade will be something that I know I will use daily; it’s just a perfect brow bone color for me! If you’re out at Walmart and you see this palette I would say go ahead and pick it up! You will not be disappointed!


Anyone else get their hands on this yet? Thoughts? I would love to hear from you! Don’t forget to follow me on IG @adrienneroyale. If there is anything you would like to me review I would be happy to, just let me know!

XOXO


Adrienne Royale

8 comments:

  1. Great review Adrienne! I love this palette too!
    I shop the same way you do....don't stop til I get it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review Adrienne! I love this palette too!
    I shop the same way you do....don't stop til I get it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you girly! I love it to <3 shopping for makeup is the best!

      Delete
  3. wow this palette is really pretty.now i m lusting after it.nice review
    http://fabfragworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. H girly :) love your blog and I need this palette hehe :) followed you here too :) hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey girly! Thank you! I really am new to this blogspot and Google Plus so not completely sure what I am doing yet haha! I think I followed you back? How do you follow a blog? Is it the same as adding as a friend?

      Delete
    2. Hey girly! Thank you! I really am new to this blogspot and Google Plus so not completely sure what I am doing yet haha! I think I followed you back? How do you follow a blog? Is it the same as adding as a friend?

      Delete