Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Mac Cinderella

The wait is over! Finally after months of waiting my Mac Cinderella is here! Let me tell you, it is beyond my expectations and has me jumping for joy like when I was a little girl and my mom would put Cinderella in the VHS for me to watch (oh no! I am showing how old I am) it’s beautiful and every girl who is a princess at heart would enjoy!  We know the packaging is very "Cinderella Like" but how is the product? That is what I am here for, to do an in depth review of the Mac Cinderella collection,



If you’re on any type of social media platform you know the buzz this collection has had. I myself stayed up the entire night to be able to get a chance to get my hands on this collection. There was no way I was missing the opportunity. Instagram was going crazy with posts from people all over just waiting for the collection to go live on the site.  Finally after a long night at 7:30am Mac Cinderella was launched! Thank goodness I was stalking the Mac website or I would have missed it! One of the lipsticks was sold out within minutes! I was able to get everything I had my heart set on! From the collection I got both lipsticks in “Royal Ball” and “Free As A Butterfly”, the lipglass in “Happily Ever After”, the eyshadow pallet in “Stroke Of Midnight, the mascara and what I wanted the most the iridescent powder in “Coupe D’Chic”


The boxes that the products came in are even super cute! The boxes are a light blue with gold writing and gold accents. I absolutely love the quality and feel of the products. When I opened the boxes and saw the actual packaging I was amazed! Depending on how the light shines on the package it looks like a light blue almost opal pearly periwinkle color. Everything has gold accents and makes it look very much like a Royal Princess! Overall this collection is quite stunning and will look great on my vanity! The packaging alone had me sold!


Now onto how I actually feel about the products and swatches. Let’s start off with the lipsticks and the lipglass. Both of the lipsticks are lustre, feel very creamy on the lips and glides on smoothly but the color payoff is very sheer but buildable. It is perfect for everyday wear but honestly not something I am that impressed with. I do like the Royal Ball much better than Free As A Butterfly since the color payoff is actually visible. Free As A Butterfly barely shows up on my lips. When I did the swatch I had to swipe back and forth about 10 times! Each of these retailed at $17.50.
Royal Ball and Free As A Butterfly


As for the lipglass Happily Ever After, in the bottle it is the most gorgeous light pale pink with sparkle but as soon as you put it on your lips the sparkle looks blue. While it is very pretty it is hard to wear alone, at least on myself. Putting the lipglass over a lipstick does look very princess-like. The lipglass retails at $16.50. Side note “Free as a Butterfly” on my order form says “Secret Lover” but “Free As A Butterfly” is actually printed on the lipstick. I know there was some confusion on a third “secret lipstick” I still do not know why they gave the lipstick two different names but I assure you there is only two actual lipsticks in the collection.
Happily Ever After

Left to right Free As A Butterfly, Royal Ball lipstick and Happily Ever After Lipglass


The eye shadow X6 in Stroke Of Midnight is something I went back and forth on buying but after looking threw many swatches online I knew had to have it! I am so happy I made this purchase!  Five of the eye shadow colors are permanent and the bottom color Stroke Of Midnight is limited edition and exclusive for this pallet. In my swatches below I only had to swipe twice. The color payoff is pigmented and vibrant, a little goes a long way and there is a nice mixture of matte, shimmer and sparkle shades. This eye shadow pallet will make a ton of different looks from day to night. This is one of my favorite purchases from this collect. Stroke Of Midnight retails for $44.
Stroke Of Midnight Eye Shadow Pallet


My absolute favorite item from this collection is the iridescent pressed power in Coupe D’Chic. In the swatch below I noticed it does not show up very much but in person it is the most beautiful pink with gold sparkles and just perfect over a matte blush, alone or even as a highlight. It really brightens up your skin and gives you just a hint of shimmery and makes you feel like a princess for the day! The compact that it comes in has a built in mirror and fits perfectly in your hand. This retails for $28.
Coupe D'Chic

From left to right first swatch is over Coupe D'Chic following six are the Stroke Of Midnight eye shadows


Lastly what I picked up from the Mac Cinderella Collection was the Studio Fix Lash Mascara in Bold Black. This is standard mascara and does help lengthen my lashes and is buildable. Again the packing alone makes this mascara worth it and paired with your favorite mascara this would be perfection! For the retail price of $19 you can’t beat it!
Studio Fix Lash Mascara 



Over all I love this collection! My daughter even saved up her allowance to be able to get some items. It makes you reminisce and feel young again. The colors are very light and subtle, I would have been happier with at least one bright pink lipstick and maybe even a pop of blue eye shadow, When I think of Cinderella I just think pink and blue. I’m still impressed and so happy I was able to get my hands on this collection. The powder and eye shadows are my favorite and will get the most use. Have any of you got this collection? What are your thoughts on it? Favorites? Share with me your opinions! I’d love to hear from you! 
XOXO

Adrienne Royale

1 comment: