Friday, March 27, 2015

New Too Faced Sugar Pop


If you're into super cute packaging then Too Faced is definitely going to be one of your top makeup favs! They never fail to impress me with their adorable packaging and their high-quality products.  When I saw that Too Faced was having a brand-new summer line and Sugar Pop palette was one of the items on the summer line, I knew it would be something I'd have to pick up. What stood out to me is how colorful the palette is and how it just has that summer feel! The Sugar Pop palette is available online at toofaced.com and Ulta.com and will hitting stores and Sephora soon. It retails for $36 and worth every penny! 
Sugar Pop palette and Glamour Guide

The Sugar Pop palette comes in a tin case that opens magnetically, it is very sturdy. It is a nice compact size that would be perfect for travel or to throw in your purse for on the go. If you're familiar with Too Faced at all, the packaging is the same as their other palettes this size. The outside is decorated with colorful macaroons and is just so sweet and cute! This case will last a long time, even when all of the makeup is gone I will be able to keep this case. When you open up the palette there is a beautiful display of nine colors. The eyeshadows are divided in three different looks. The looks Too Faced created starting with the top row are: Sweet and Spicy, middle row Sugar Plums, and the last row is Candy Coated. When you open the pallet they have included a glamour guide to help you achieve these looks. You don't have to limit yourself there; this palette can offer you countless other looks!  Once you take out the glamour guide, you are left with a nice sized mirror that is perfect for you to apply your make up.
 
Box that Sugar Pop came in and actual palette

The eyeshadow colors are,

Rock Candy- is a beautiful brow bone color or all over lid color. It is a creamy-nude-bone shade with light specks of glitter.

Macaroon- is a very unique color; it looks like an orange-peachy-coral and again with little flecks of sparkle but nothing too overwhelming.

Malted Milk Ball- would be a great transition shade or even crease color. It is a gold tone brown and the slightest amount of shimmer that reflects off the light.

Strawberry Ice- is a very light pale lilac color with undertones of white. This color is gorgeous and one of my favorites!

Sugared Violet-is the only color in my opinion that is lacking in pigmentation. It is a periwinkle color that is purple with blue undertones. I wish this one had more color payoff because it would have been stunning.When swatching this color I did have to swipe about four times. The color on the swatch is much righter then how it transferred to my eyelid.

BlackBerry-is a beautiful deep plum color. This shade would be perfect for an outer-v and cease color. It really can help darken up looks.

Peach Fuzz- is another great neutral; this one does have a little bit more sparkle and shimmer. Especially once it hits the light! This is more of a cream colored peach.

Bubblegum-is a beautiful bright pink with the flecks of shimmer. This pink has a blue undertone and definitely lives up to its name!

Blue Raspberry-this is my favorite color out of the palette and what caught my eye first.  It is a bright teal and a color I have never seen before in any other collection. It reminds me of a robin’s egg.
Unedited. Inside of Sugar Pop palette 


 Down below you will see swatches of all of these eyeshadows.
Unedited swatch. All Colors are from left to right. Top row is Rock Candy, Macaron, Malted Milk Ball. Second row is Strawberry Ice, Sugared Violet, Blackberry. Last row is Peach Fuzz, Bubblegum, Blue Raspberry. 

As with other Too Faced eyeshadows, these are quite pigmented. I have not experienced any fallout when applying or swatching them. Even the light colors come off bright and vivid. Like I said earlier, the only color that I'm a little bit disappointed is with Sugared Violet. If you apply the shadows with an eyeshadow base they really pop! Most of these shades do have shimmer in them, so if sparkle and shimmer are not your thing, you may not love this palette. I personally have to use another palette or matte eyeshadow while using this palette because I do need a matte transition shade. It isn't anything serious that would steer me away from the palette though. I like how Sugar Pop has some neutral colors and the bright fun summer colors. The eyeshadows are long wearing, only thing I did notice is after about four hours of wear that Blue Raspberry did begin to fade and I had to touch it up. This was the only shade that I experienced this with.



I am really enjoying this palette and it doesn't surprise me considering Too Faced is my absolute favorite high-end makeup brand and they have never failed me. I’m sure this will become one of my favorite pallets for summertime!  If you’re looking for a new palette for summer or want to brighten up your look then I would recommend it. If you’re scared of color I would still recommend this because you could just use the bright colors as a pop of color along your bottom lash line. Has anyone else picked up this palette? Is it in your summer makeup list?  Let me know your thoughts down below! Don't forget to follow me on IG @adrienneroyale 

XOXO
Adrienne


1 comment:

  1. wow its so pretty.Too Faced have yumm palettes to offer.really tempting.Thanks for sharing:)
    Do visit my blog plz
    http://fabfragworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete