Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Cover Girl Full Lash Bloom- Day 2 Mini Review Series of Drugstore Mascara

Hello again! It's Day-2 of my mini review series on drugstore mascara and today the focus is on Cover Girl Full Lash loom. I hope you enjoy reading and don't forget to come back tomorrow for my review on Wet N Wild Max Volume Plus Mascara!



My makeup mess with Cover Girl Full Bloom Lash! Follow me on IG @adrienneroyale

Cover Girl Full Lash Bloom


While walking through CVS, I saw a huge display of Full Lash Bloom Mascara, and I can’t lie, the packaging definitely caught my eye!  You can pick Lash Bloom up at any local drugstore; I paid $7.99 for mine at CVS.  The mascara tube is pink with silver Accent writing with little flowers all over, it is so girly and totally screams spring! I haven't used Cover Girl since high school so I was a bit weary. The brush looks like a standard mascara brush and it is on the thicker side. The one thing that I did notice about this mascara is it has a bit of a fruity floral scent, actually smells really good! The first couple of times that I used this mascara, I made the mistake of using it as a second layer over top Rimmel London Lash Accelerator and I thought it worked pretty well.  Then I started to notice by the end of the day that my eyelashes were looking a bit droopy. I felt like the mascara was heavy for my lashes and pulling them down. I continued to use the mascara for another week by layering it. Finally one day I decided to wear it alone, and I've got to say it was very disappointing! It doesn't really make my eyelashes look any longer, if anything they look clumpy and short. Trying to layer this mascara was a total fail! It made my lashes look clumpy and almost spider like! This mascara reminded me of something that I would've used when I first started wearing makeup and didn’t know better.  


While wearing Lash Bloom I noticed that throughout the day, the mascara flakes extremely bad and it actually smudges and runes off my lashes.  I have not had to deal with mascara that smudges this bad for at least the last five years. The one plus is that it is easy to wash off and you do not need to use makeup remover of any kind. All in all, this mascara works decent if you're going to use it as a layering mascara, but alone it's a complete dud for me.  Rating Lash Bloom mascara would be a 4/10 with half of those points going towards the packaging! Have you tried Full Lash Bloom? Thoughts?



Look forward to posting tomorrow's review on Wet N Wild Max Volume Plus Mascara! 

XOXO
Adrienne Royale

No comments:

Post a Comment