Thursday, May 14, 2015

Wet N’ Wild Blush and Glow Trio- Fair Trade Coffee, Sunset Junction and Solar Powered- Review and swatches

Makeup mess of the Wet N' Wild Blush and Glow Trios from my Instagram @adrienneroyale 


With summer right around the corner and the warmer weather finally here who does not want to look like a bronzed beautiful goddess? I know I do!  When I saw and heard about the new a limited edition Wet N’Wild Blush and Glow Trio I knew it was something that I had to pick up for the spring and summer! Wet N’ Wild makes three different trio pallets and I finally have all of them! Special thank you to my husband and daughter for my Mother's Day gift!

My local Walgreens has each of the trios for $3.99. Their names are Fair Trade Coffee, Sunset Junction and Solar Powered. They all come complete with a bronzer, blush and highlight. You can't go wrong for the price point up under four dollars! My favorite one out of the three is Fair Trade Coffee.

*Down below you will see swatches of all the trios. All Pictures of the trios and swatches are unedited* 



Fair Trade coffee reminds me of the Urban Decay Naked Flushed Pallet but better. Fair Trade Coffee comes with a nice matte warm brown bronzer, a bright baby pink bubblegum blush, and an iridescent pink champagne colored highlight.



Sunset Junction also comes with a beautiful warm matter bronzer, this one is a bit deeper than the Fair Trade Coffee, and the blush is a pinky-rose-peach color and the highlight it's almost identical to the one in fair trade coffee but just has a little bit more of a peach tone.



With Solar Powered, just looking at it and swatching it, I didn’t think I’d like it, but once I actually wore it I was amazed at how natural looking it was! Solar powdered has two shades that look like they could be a bronzer and both come off very Coopery. I am unable to tell which is supposed to be the highlight and which should be the bronzer. For me neither would work as a highlight. One of the shades has shimmer while the other is matte. The shade with the shimmer is deeper and darker and comes off as a very strong copper color. The matte shade is a bit less coppery and a little lighter, and I feel more workable. Both shades are strongly pigmented. The blush in Solar Powered is deep coral pink. I think this trio wound be great on all skin tones especially darker and tanned skin. None of the colors in Solar Powdered would work as a highlight for me. I personally used the matte shade as a light bronzer and you can pop the shimmery shade as an eyeshadow.




All of the bronzers in the Wet N’ Wild trios are a tiny bit too warm for me without a tan. When I self-tanned and used the bronzers they worked beautifully!  It's nothing that I can contour with, but it works perfectly as a light bronzer. It makes you look sun kissed in all the right places. The blush and the highlight in the Fair Trade Coffee and Sunset Junction are absolutely gorgeous!

The formula of these products, have no smell and they go on to your skin effortlessly. They are a bit powdery and have some fall out, but nothing that you can't work with. All of the colors in the trios are buildable and they do blend very nicely.  You have to watch how much you blend though, because I have noticed they can blend away and you end up having to use more products. None of the bronzers look muddy or overly orange. While the blushes can look bright and intimating in the pan, once on your cheeks they come off much lighter and natural. This is why I love how buildable the colors are! The highlights are just enough shimmer and nothing glittery (with the exception of the Solar Powered) since none of the shades worked for me as a highlight.  One of the downfalls with each of the trios is that they are not extremely long lasting.  I had to reapply the blush and the highlight at least every four hours. Honestly though,for $3.99 it's a steal. The colors are all so pigmented and all of the shades in each trio complement each other.

As I mentioned earlier Fair Trade Coffee and Sunset Junction are very close to the Urban Decay Naked Flushed Pallets.  I have to say I actually prefer these Wet N’ Wild ones over the Naked Flushed and for the price range of $32 for Urban Decay and only $3.99 for Wet N’ Wild, I would say these are a must product for summer! Have you had a chance to pick up these beauties what are your thoughts on them? Which one is your favorite?

Thanks for reading!

XOXO
Adrienne Royale 


1 comment:

  1. I hate when people do reviews on products I don't yet have! I makes my fingers itchy and want to go shopping! Haha! I really love the look of Fair Trade Coffee! Awesome review! DF xoxo

    www.doaner-fide.com

    ReplyDelete